By phone

0508 754 163

Our Service Centre is open Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 5:00pm.

We are closed on weekends and public holidays.

If you speak a different language

There is free telephone interpreting service available in 180+ languages.

  • Call us after 9:00am.
  • Ask for an interpreter.
  • Tell us what language you speak.
  • An interpreter will join your call shortly.

If you are Deaf or hearing impaired

We can use the Video Relay Service to provide information after 9:00am.

Visit the NZ Relay website to find out how it works:

New Zealand Relay website(external link)

By email

By post

Our postal address is:

Temporary Accommodation Service
Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
PO Box 1473
Wellington 6140

For media enquiries

For feedback or complaints

Give us your feedback to help improve our service.

We want to hear about:

  • a positive experience you had with us
  • where our services or communications did not meet your expectations
  • where you feel our processes are not followed
  • where you feel you were treated unfairly

To help us investigate the matter and for responding to you more quickly, please include:

  • your name and contact details.
  • relevant dates, places, and times.
  • a description of the problem, incident, or decision at issue.
  • details of any phone conversations, or other steps you have taken to try and sort out the problem.
  • any information you think is important.
  • any relevant documents you would like us to consider.

Email your feedback or complaint to

What happens when you make a complaint

We will email you a case number within 5 working days and contact you if we need more information.

Complaining for someone else

If you are complaining or providing feedback for someone else, you need to include evidence that you have authority to act on their behalf.

We will contact them to check we have this permission.

If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint

If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, then you can raise concerns with:

The Ombudsman

The Ombudsman can consider complaints about the administrative acts and decisions of state sector agencies. The Ombudsman will ask you if you have tried to resolve the matter with us directly first and will also consider whether you have any other remedy available. The Ombudsman may look into your complaint and make a recommendation to us regarding the concern you have raised.

Free phone: 0800 802 602 link)
PO Box 10152 Wellington 6143

Areas not covered by our feedback process

Our feedback process does not cover:

Privacy Statement

The purpose of this privacy statement is to let users of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment’s (MBIE) Temporary Accommodation Service know when we collect personal information and what we do with it. We are open and transparent about how we process personal information, and details on how to request information can be found below. We will not use or share personal information collected, except as set out in this statement (or otherwise permitted or required in law).

For further information please refer to the TAS Privacy Statement:

Privacy statement(external link)

Jump to top